Apple is expected to release a new iPad this fall, and if the leaks and rumors are true, it might be getting its biggest physical redesign since the original iPad.
- The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
- The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
- The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini. [This is a screen coating that helps improve connectivity capabilities by reducing crossed signals and interference.]
- There are now 2 connectors instead of 1.
- The display connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).
Of course, these images can also be complete bunk. With Apple expected to announce the iPad 5 as early as next month, we’ll know soon enough. In the meantime, check out the photos below.